Friday, June 24, 2016

TRX knee rehab at any age

I started using the TRX when I was finishing up knee rehab (no surgery).  I was over 55 and missing an ACL.  The goal was to strengthen my legs in order to continue skiing at an advanced level.   I was lucky to find an older personal trainer.  She wasn't a skier but was willing to research and learn what exercises are most useful for skiing.  She liked the TRX so I was willing to give it a try.

As I research the TRX, I found this video of an older man using the TRX for knee rehab.  Later on, it became obvious that the TRX is very useful for full-body workouts that improve core strength, balance, and flexibility, which are all important for skiers of all ages.  For an introduction to basic TRX exercises for ski conditioning: TRX ski conditioning focus .

.


These two videos are of a college athlete working towards full recovery after knee surgery.  It's interesting to see how the TRX can be used even in the early non-weight bearing phase immediately after surgery.




No comments:

Post a Comment