Thursday, June 23, 2016

A few TRX lunges

The lunge is often part a ski conditioning workout to strengthen legs.  One reason is that lunges strengthen hamstrings, which provide important support for knees.  Having strong hamstring is especially important for people who are missing an ACL.

Here are a few TRX lunges.  When I started knee rehab several years ago (not a skiing injury), I was not that good at lunges.  I found that doing them with the TRX provided just enough extra support that I was more comfortable going deeper on a lunge.  Definitely appreciated the TRX when starting side lunges.  When my personal trainer introduced the suspended lunge, I was happy to find that I was strong enough for such a 1-leg exercise.

The link below goes to a webpage with a video of four types of TRX lunges:
TRX Lunges: side, back, balance, crossing balance

TRX crossing balance lunge

TRX suspended lunge

No comments:

Post a Comment