Saturday, September 19, 2015

Pilates using TRX

When I joined a gym soon after completing physical therapy for a knee injury, one of the classes I liked was mat Pilates.  Afterwards I started using the TRX with a personal trainer, and eventually bought a TRX for use at home.  Recently my trainer had me try some Pilates-inspired exercises using the TRX.  Haven't decided yet if I like the combination or not.  Take a look at the videos and see what you think.  Note that Pilates draws from dance, so doing exercises without shoes to allow toes to be pointed is standard.

TRX Pilates Integration
a short introduction that includes basic exercises demonstrated by seniors


Three Pilates - three exercises demonstrated by a strong TRX trainer


link below is for a webpage with video and text descriptions by a TRX trainer

Pilates on the TRX - a 20-min Pilates routine done on the mat with TRX


2 comments:

  1. I can see how the TRX might simulate what one would do on the reformer or Cadillac, and it's challenging, but I'd ask if it takes away from Pilates' mind-body focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not done much Pilates, only a couple mat classes. Plus the two videos I found directly related to ski conditioning. So do not know how to answer your question.

    ReplyDelete