Tuesday, May 14, 2019

An Introduction to Foam Rolling

For people with enough upper body strength, it's worth learning about foam rolling.  I learned the basics from my personal trainer a few years ago.  After using a foam roller at the fitness center for a little while, I decided it was worth investing in one that I could use at home.  I think it was worthwhile.

The key point for foam rolling is to take it slow and pay attention to how you feel as you roll.  Only need a few rolls for each muscle group.  As with regular stretching, consistency helps.  Can use a foam roller daily, but most useful after exercise.  Or a day of skiing. :-)

Introduction to foam rolling, exercises start at 2:20
geared towards people over 50

10 best foam rolling uses
 presented by a physical therapist
good for quick review

Working on hips
from a series for seniors

No comments:

Post a Comment