Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A few bone building exercises based on lifting heavy weight

EDIT Dec2017: The Super Senior Fitness website is gone.  But the videos are still on YouTube.

Came across a website created by a Canadian born in the 1940s who retired to Mexico after a career in fitness and martial arts.  It's called Super Senior Fitness.

These short videos show the proper way to handle lifting weights, either a kettle bell or a dumb bell.

For me, I'm happier learning proper form from a trainer.  Plus she makes sure that I increase weight at a reasonable pace.  After a couple months of focusing on strength training with the goal of building bone to help my spine, I'm using a 20 or 25 lb kettle bell.  For dumb bell exercises, I use 8, 10 or 12 lb depending on the situation.  In a class, I use lighter weights.  With my trainer or working out on my own at the fitness center, I use heavier weights.

One Arm Row


Dumb Bell Overhead Press


Kettlebell Swing

No comments:

Post a Comment